Tuesday, February 01, 2005

My Blog

Today, I offer my own words on the foundation:

At a time when it is increasingly difficult for college students to find adequate employment after graduation, the Forest Foundation reaches out to this otherwise undervalued segment of the population. Not only does the foundation give young adults like myself the opportunity to make their mark professionally, but they also entrust you as a leader and push you in your abilities. I feel I would be hard-pressed to find such faith, commitment, and dedication shown to me somewhere else. More important than the work benefits, however, is what the foundation has meant to me personally.

The Forest Foundation has given me the chance to work according to my passion, writing, and to do this among my peers. It has installed in me a previously unknown confidence and contentment in my abilities. I have gained valuable leadership and interpersonal skills that I never would have thought I could obtain. Most importantly, I can honestly say that I have made a positive impact on others’ lives, from young children to senior citizens, and that has brought a purpose to everything I do, all thanks to the Forest Foundation.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home