Wednesday, January 26, 2005

Guest Blog: Sivan Lipman

Today, I present words from Sivan Lipman, a UCSB junior majoring in Pre-med/Biology:

My name is Sivan Lipman. I have been involved with the Forest Foundation since October of 2004 and have found that the caliber of people I have been surrounded by has surpassed that which I have ever worked with before. I was openly welcomed into a group of innovative, creative and caring individuals who have helped me gain an education that could not be acquired in a classroom. So far I have helped put together two summer trips for local teenagers and assisted with various programs within the foundation (the Hanukkah party and Schmooze Room).

Each step of the way I was given complete creative freedom, which made me think more about every step of the process. I was always given advice and counseling when I needed it, and have found that not only have I made connections within the community, I have come out with some fantastic friends.

The Forest Foundation offered me an outlet to reach out to people and be able to maintain an income at the same time. It helped me understand the importance of doing what you love. The time spent with the board of the Foundation has provided me with many tools and a network of friends that I will be sure to use in the future.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home