Tuesday, January 18, 2005

Guest Blog: Shira Leiff-Griff

Today, Shira Leiff-Griff, a junior Communitcation major at UCSB, speaks:

My official title at the Forest Foundation is Hillel Outreach Coordinator. This means I am responsible for keeping individuals excited and coming back to an organization that has meant a tremendous amount to me in my college career: Hillel. Along with four other UCSB students, I work hard to ensure that Hillel remains a fun, exciting, and comfortable place for people to go. I work for the Forest Foundation, and Hillel, because I care deeply about the Jewish community at UCSB and I want to do my best to ensure that it remains strong.

Working for the Forest Foundation has given me the opportunity to work closely with my peers to improve not only ourselves through our extensive employee training, but also the community that we care so deeply about. Being involved with this organization has given me the opportunity to not only make memories for others, but for myself as well. It is fulfilling to give back to a community that has given so much to me.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home