Friday, January 14, 2005

Guest Blog: Maia Budnero

Today, words from Maia Budnero:

I love working for the Foundation for several reasons. Many of the things Ido are things I would have volunteered to do but because I don't have to getanother job I can do them ten times as well. I feel like I am a huge part ofthis Jewish community, which is something I would have never felt in a city witha larger Jewish community such as Los Angeles. I feel like I am really makinga difference in making our Santa Barbara Jewish community stronger and moreactive.

There are also many selfish reasons for why I love this job. For example, Ihave met wonderful people in the community and have become life-long friendswith my co-workers. In addition, I have gained enormous learning experiences inparty planning, fundraising, budgeting, advertising, leadership, speakingskills and so much more. These things are invaluable and I could have neverlearned them in a classroom.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home