Friday, January 28, 2005

Guest Blog: Stefan Allen

Stefan Allen, a recent UCSB graduate with a degree in History, offers his thoughts today:

While having a full-time job, it is the Forest Foundation where I find true satisfaction. Although I am Jewish, involvement in the Jewish community is something that has never been appealing or available to me. There has never been an opportunity as unique as the one that the Forest Foundation offers me. Programs such as the Schmooze room are things I liked doing even as I was not paid by the foundation. It allows me to become an integral part of the seniors’ lives, something that both they and I look forward to every week.

The Forest Foundation has brought me to think that I am much more capable than I once believed. Possibly the next best thing to the satisfaction I get from the actual jobs I am performing through the foundation are the people that I am able to work with. The foundation has cemented friendships that I know I will have for the rest of my life. The Forest Foundation I can say without a doubt has made me a better person. I am thankful for the people I work with, the jobs completed, and what I am able to take away from it all.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home