Wednesday, February 02, 2005

Guest Blog: Jordan Fruchtman

Today, words from Jordan Fruchtman, our Director of Fellowships and a recent UCSB graduate:

I have been working for the Forest Foundation since its inception and can honestly say that I have been growing ever since. I went from a part time Program Director to full time Fellowship Director in January of 2005 and I have never had a job, or been part of an organization whose mission I believe in more strongly. The Forest Foundation trusts in the individual’s ability to create miracles. The Forest Foundation is a catalyst that pushes university students beyond their preconceived limits into a mindset which allows them to affect change and become leaders. In the Forest Foundation, good enough just isn’t.

The Forest Foundation has allowed me to earn a competitive salary while doing meaningful work that I truly believe in. It has also given me the opportunity to grow as an individual and a professional. Most importantly though, the Forest Foundation has taught me that nothing is “good enough”, and that the individual can and should always strive for the best and then make it better.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home