Tuesday, May 17, 2005

Guest Blog: Holly Spevak

The following is from new fellow Holly Spevak:

My name is Holly Spevak and I am proud to be a second year at UC Santa Barbara. I absolutely adore the weather, seeing how it strikingly contrasts with that of Houston, Texas, my hometown. In my time here at Santa Barbara, I have tried to make the best of every moment.

This year I was presented with the Forest Foundation and what it had to offer. First and foremost, I took note of two remarkable leaders, David Cygielman and Jordan Fruchtman. These young gentlemen are not only outstanding friends, but easy to work with. Second, I sat down with David Cygielman and found out what I could do that involved particular interests of mine; public relations, getting sponsorships, meeting accomplished elders, and much more. After discussing for a while, David presented me a few options.

Since then I have been assisting Dale Nissenson in organizing Hillel’s Spring 2005 Celebration of Jewish Life and Community. This has given me the opportunity to personally meet some of Hillel’s most generous donors, and get to know them on a personal level. It has been incredible for me to meet so many other Jewish people.
In my elementary, middle, and high schools, I was surrounded by less than 5 other Jewish students. Since I’ve been here at UC Santa Barbara, I have been blessed to find such a tight knit community centered around our very own Hillel.

In short, the Forest Foundation is paying me to do what I love best. My public relation skills have been growing immensely and I have made many amazing contacts. These are things that will help me out through the rest of my life, and I am so thankful to be a part of such an incredible organization.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home