Thursday, May 05, 2005

Guest Blog: Lauren Rebenstorf

The following is from new fellow Lauren Rebenstorf:

My name is Lauren Rebenstorf and I am from the suburbs of Los Angeles. Here, I was able to participate in various activities such as gymnastics, dance, basketball, soccer, YMCA Indian Princesses, swimming, and religious school. These groups allowed me to explore several avenues of learning. In high school, I became involved in marching band, wind ensemble, and orchestra where I was put through constant leadership training as a band captain and section leader (i.e.oboe). Drama was also a forte of mine, for it was here that I not only acted, but also fitted costumed and directed.

In terms of Jewish activities, I participated in the Southwestern Region of the B'nai B'rith Youth Organization. This organization allowed me to grow and develop roots in Judaism as well as let me run and be elected as treasurer and president of my chapter. These positions taught me leadership, business, accounting, fundraising, event-planning, and organizational skills.

Currently, I am a student at the University of California, Santa Barbara where I am active in events hosted by the Jewish Awareness Movement. It is my hope that through these activities such as the upcoming trip to Israel in the summer that I will develop a sense of spirituality as a Jew.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home