Tuesday, May 03, 2005

Guest Blog: Rebecca Pasternak

The following are words from new fellow Rebecca Pasternak:

Judaism has always been a very important part of my life, and I was very involved in my Jewish community in Tarzana, CA where I grew up. I have always been anxious to get other Jewish people to be excited about their religion as well, and I felt that I had the necessary resources to do so in Tarzana.

Moving away from home to UCSB was not an easy transition for me to make, but the variety of Jewish opportunities the UCSB community offers helped make my transition so much smoother. I always felt so fortunate for having so many Jewish programs to get involved in and for having a place where I felt that I belonged. The Jewish programs I became involved in became my home away from home, and the people I met through them became my UCSB family. I felt blessed to have such a strong support network, and I wanted to make other Jewish students aware of the amazing resources available to them.

When I heard about the Forest Foundation, I knew that it could serve as my necessary resource to encourage other Jewish students to get involved in their Jewish community. I am very excited to be working with the Forest Foundation, and I hope that I can inspire other Jewish students to be excited about promoting Judaism as well.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home