Tuesday, May 10, 2005

Guest Blog: Mitch Swersky

The following is from new fellow Mitch Swersky:

My name is Mitch Swersky. I’m a second year student at UCSB and my major is Political Science. My hometown is San Diego, but I was born in Jo'burg, South
Africa. Some of my interests include football, basketball, European soccer, baseball, poker, going to the beach, playing ping pong, listening to and downloading all types of music, and most of all traveling.

I only recently began working for the Forest Foundation, and I already feel as if it is something that will truly benefit me in many ways. I feel that the foundation will allow me to gain better leadership, planning, and working skills as well as motivate me for the future. I love the fact that I am able to gain these new skills while doing something positive for the community.

My job for the Forest Foundation is to put on sports events for students in Isla Vista to benefit JAM. Some of the things I have been working on are a three-on-three basketball tournament and possibly having a broom ball event with other universities. I look forward to many successful events, lots of fun, and valuable learning experience.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home