Tuesday, March 15, 2005

Retreat from Isaac's eyes

This past weekend I've had the great fortune of getting to spend some time learning and experiencing what the Forest Foundation is all about. I think the best way to describe the experience is to compare it to a breath of fresh air. Coming from San Francisco where I'm working at an uninspiring job, stressed out about paying off my school loans, yelling at my parents who I'm living with because my wages are low and cost of living is high, and being in a place in my life where I feel like I'm left to take on these hardships alone - this weekend was a transformational experience to say the least.
To be able to consider what my life would look like without constraints related to time or money gave me a brand new outlook on my situation. I am now approaching the journey toward adulthood with the consideration of what's possible rather than what's manageable.
Beyond my own experience it was very exciting to be a part of a progressive organization almost entirely run by people my own age or younger dedicated to investing in youth. While the work was productive it was also incredibly fun.
What a pleasure to be a part of this group looking up towards the sky. While I am now back in the daily grind I feel more charismatic than I have in months. Simply knowing that there is a group in existence that is turning young adults' hopes and dreams in to tangible realities makes a big difference in my life. Thanks so much for all the hardwork and thinking that has already gone into this project. I eagerly look forward to more. -Isaac

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home