Thursday, March 03, 2005

Acting

I am quite pleased to say that I have a role in Yashiya. Although I wouldn't consider myself a very good actor (although maybe I could be, who knows?), it's very fulfilling to be practicing a part that I will put on in front of an audience. What can I say - acting just an exciting and fun thing to do. I can see why so many people move to Hollywood to pursue acting. The thirst for fame and fortune aside, it's a very personally rewarding experience, from my point of view. Anyway, as we plug along with our rehearsals this week, a particularly fun portion of our rehearsals have been our warm-ups. Before we get into our parts, we do little activities to help us get into the acting mood or frame of mind, or to just get us out of our own skins. For example, the night before last we all had to come together in a circle and then randomly grab other people's hands in the circle. This made a not of hands in the middle of the circle, and we all had to untangle the not without letting go of anyone's hand. It was a lot of fun, but on top of that I also felt myself get much looser and willing to come out of myself. It really prepped me for the rehearsal. It's these experiences that are making Yashiya such a great learning experience.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home