Thursday, February 17, 2005

Big Red Unleashed

I have to say that doing the weekly radio show on 880 AM in the dormitories at UCSB with Jordan the past few weeks has been one of the most enjoyable projects I've done with the foundation yet. Not only do I get to hang out and joke with my good friend Jordan Fruchtman, we have the opportunity to speak openly about subjects important to us. It is in our nature to want to stoke a fire in everyone's belly for the issues we are passionate about; if we are passionate about something, then we want others to know about and feel the same passion for that thing as we do. With the radio, Jordan and I actually have the opportunity to do this. For example, every week we have a segment about triathlon training wherein I am able to report my progress on training for upcoming summer triathlons. It fills me with great pride and enthusiasm to be able to share my accomplishments and hopes in such a manner. We also have the opportunity with the radio show to get many of our friends involved, either as in-studio guests or call-ins. It's a project that's both fun and exciting, allowing me to explore my creative side in a free but public environment. I feel that it is already building my self-confidence and personal contentment. If you find yourself in the UCSB dormitories, tune in to 880 on your AM dial every Thursday from 4-5:30pm for Big Red Unleashed. I promise you won't be disappointed.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home