Monday, February 14, 2005

Guest Blog: Mary Trieu

Here are words from Mary Trieu, one of our new fellows:

I'm Mary Trieu and I am a 3rd year Women Studies and Global Studies doublemajor. I hope to help the Forest foundation expand its network of people to work with in the university as well as community. I hope that by working with the Multicultural center in promoting cultural awareness amongst students at UCSB and eventually to the rest of the community it will bring interested students to work with the Forest Foundation.

The Forest foundation has given me the opportunity to spearhead my own project and provide in any way possible to make my program succeed. They also have schedule meetings to help fellows with public speaking as well as presentation skills. The Forest Foundation also provides the autonomy and support network necessary to promote and expand my project. I am very grateful that the Forest Foundation has given me the necessary funds as an individual to make this program last and not just a temporary solution.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home