Monday, March 14, 2005

Retreat Weekend

We had our Meeting of the Minds retreat for the Forest Foundation this past weekend at El Capitan Canyon, and, speaking for myself, I thought it went very well and can personally say that I learned quite a lot from it. At the retreat, the group, comprised of several young adults in their early-twenties from California, Chicago, and New York, discussed what the Forest Foundation can do to improve itself and successfully continue its work well into the future. Everyone freely participated, and the friendly atmosphere lended to an open exchange of ideas where I felt no one was intimidated or held back. I could tell that everyone was deeply immersed in the retreat's subject matter and giving substancial thought to the issues posed. It was encouraging to come away from the weekend with a wealth of issues to consider for the foundation, and I feel that we are now, more than ever, headed in the right direction. I don't want to get into too much more detail about the retreat myself and would rather have others post blogs about their experiences and feelings about the retreat. Therefore, I will try this week to have a participant from this weekend post their thoughts on the retreat each day. It should be very enlightening.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home