Wednesday, August 16, 2006

Oakland... There I am!


I love life!
After a two week training with my wonderful fellow full time staffers I am here in my Oakland office knee deep in my second week of work. Most of the students that I will be working with are still out of town and even the ones that are in town are still on Summer Vacation. This leaves me in a place that is similar to the way I feeling about being just two days away from the opening of Snakes on a Plane... Stoked!
I have amazing program directors coming back from their summer adventures and a few great new people to add to the group. Not only do I have the existing group, but I am starting a high school group up here called FOREST HIGH!!! So far it looks like the kids are primarily going to be from Camp Tawonga; a Jewish summer camp that I have worked at for many years. These kids just did a teen service learning trip to Costa Rica where they helped with schools; painting them, making gardens and compost boxes. They also went out and did a lot of reforestation! These are amazing, dedicated, smart teens, and I can't wait to see them reach their potential through the Forest Foundation!
So for now I have to sit here in my office. I'm eagerly waiting for all the teen applications to come in and for the school year to start. I am doing everything I can to be ready so that when the first school bell rings... I'm ready to rock and roll!
There are snakes on this mother &@*$^#% plane!
Brady

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home