Tuesday, June 06, 2006

Camping

I just returned from a week away at Camp Dream Street. Dream Street is a week-long camp for kids with physical disabilities. It takes place in Mississippi. Each camper is paired one to one with a counselor for the week. I was in charge of the Great Expectations program which is the program for the high school participants. It was amazing! I'm super tan and extremely tired. The week was spent swimming, climbing, cooking, laughing, etc. For many of these kids it's the one time during the year that they are treated like "normal" children. It's truly a wonderful experience and I look forward to it all year. This was my tenth summer to attend...

But it's back to work! I now have five PD's here in New Orleans who are all doing really great things.

-Rachel

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home