Monday, November 01, 2004

Halloween

After a long Halloween weekend full of willing self abuse, I've come to realize that I'm not the spry college student I once was. Recovering from a night of drinking now takes a full day, although when I was a student it only took me a couple glasses of water and a big greasy breakfast before I was as good as new. So after three loooooong consecutive nights of drinking (I mean the kind of drinking you do when eight good friends come in to town for the biggest party of the year), I realize I might not be right for the next week or so. It's been about a day and half since I last touched a drink, and I still feel like I'm carrying 3000 pounds of weights all over my body, particularly on my head. But it was all worth it, and I know I'd do it again in a heartbeat. Halloween in Santa Barbara is just too much fun not to celebrate. I did a little of both the downtown scene and Isla Vista, and I think that not allowing any cars on Del Playa was one of the best ideas the planners have had yet. I felt like it really opened up the street and there was actually some breathing room for everyone. Overall, I think it's hard to beat Halloween in Santa Barbara, however you like to celebrate. I just need to let my head clear.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home