Monday, October 25, 2004

Self-confidence

After our training session with Dr. Jim Peal last night on self-confidence, I couldn't help but wonder about how much self-confidence I actually have. I mean REALLY have. There are things I like about myself, as well as things I like to think about myself, but how much do these things actually relate to my self-confidence? And how much of what I think about myself is actually true? I found myself thinking all day about what aspects of my life are in the "drama triangle" and what aspects are in the "leadership triangle." As I was thinking, it occurred to me that the most difficult part of this self analysis wasn't identifying what triangle I was living within, but rather how honest I was being with myself. I realized that it's one thing to be aware of the steps to take to empower yourself, but it's something entirely different to be completely honest with yourself about how much self-confidence you really have.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home