Thursday, June 30, 2005

Moving Forward

It's hard to believe, but it was basically a year ago now that Dave Cygielman approached me about writing a piece for the foundation. Now, one year later, I'm able to look back and see how far I've come with the foundation. Believe me when I say that this has been the absolute best learning experience I could have ever hoped for from a first time job, both personally and professionally. I have been able to develop skills in a number of different areas, from, for example, writing, managing others and being managed, budgeting, working under deadlines, business relations, and employee-employer expectations. From simply watching others to doing these things myself, a have been able to soak up a host of skills to aid me well into the future. However, the truly unique part of this job has been the personal development it has allowed. I have been given the time and resources by the foundation to look within myself and discover my core values and how to apply them to success, how to manage conflict, how to logically and effectively set achievable goals and to expect the best from myself. The quote I take most from this past year (and I do have many that I hold close to heart) is "be unreasonable" - to be unreasonable with my abilities, with my potential, with my dreams and goals, because once you start reaching for a goal beyond your initial goal, that first goal becomes all the easier to achieve. And this has all come only in the first year, so who knows what the future holds...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home