Thursday, June 23, 2005

Blogging

Sometimes when we meet with a new student interested in joining the Forest Foundation, it's tough for them to pinpoint an exact program that they would like to work on. So we talk things out with, asking what their passions are, what they do for fun, what academic interests they have, what age groups they feel most comfortable with, etc. Sooner or later we're able to boil their answers down, connect them with a gap we see in community programming, and the student's on their way to developing a new program. I mention this because as I was sitting at my desk and preparing to write this very blog, it occurred to me that I had absolutely no clue as to what I was going to write about. This actually happens fairly often, believe it or not. So I go through kind of the same process that we go through with students who don't know what to do. I ask myself what has happened recently that I was excited about, what big or small events has the foundation put on, what's going on with the students, etc. Usually after running through a protracted internal monologue regarding these questions while staring out the window behind my desk, I arrive at a point of clarity and simply begin typing. By this time, I usually know exactly what I want to say, but, occasionally, I still have no idea how things will turn out.

Logan

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home