Tuesday, April 12, 2005

Alli Blender on the Weekend Retreat

As the baby of the weekend, I have to admit, I was slightly nervous. I come away from the experience, however, in such awe of the Forest Foundation and what it means to be a part of this organization striving to improve the world. The Berkeley chapter of the Forest Foundation is much less developed than our Santa Barbara counterparts and most of us have no real perception of how powerful and important the Foundation can be. The weekend was most successful for me because of the respect I was able to bring back to my fellow students and co-workers for the foundation itself, in addition to a drive I now maintain to improve the Berkeley chapter and to achieve the program’s potential. I was also lucky enough to return to Berkeley with a full stomach (from all the great non-health food Santa Barbara meals!), a hot Forest Foundation Beanie, and a great El Capitan Canyon sweatshirt! My weekend couldn’t have been better!

Alli Blender

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home